Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Trump is slated to take witness stand in fraud trial
(02-28-2016, 12:02 AM)Benton Wrote: It's a good point. It worked for Obama. For some, healthcare reform was all they cared about. No real economic policy mattered. For others it was his (dishonest) pledge to get out of the Middle East. They didn't care he didn't have any concern about tax reform one way or the other.

I disagree.  I don't think Obama was any different than most politicians - he campaigned to the base.  His messaging was very much aligned with the Democratic platform. Although "Hope & Change" is just as much BS as "Make 'Murica great again!"

Trump doesn't really fit any label.  He has "policies" that are liberal, conservative, neocon, progressive.  He's all things to all idiots.  Most pundits talk about getting the base out to vote, but Trump doesn't care about that because he's building his own hodge-podge coalition.

The most remarkable thing to me is you have a Republican left of the Dems talking about protectionism, and his voters love it.  He's proving that 80% of the electorate will vote for the 'R' or 'D' no matter what they say.  He's saying enough to lead a crowded field of contender for the nomination, but his messaging clearly has elements designed to steal Democratic voters.

The more I understand what Trump is doing the more I'm really worried he's not only going to get the nomination, but he could actually win.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump is slated to take witness stand in fraud trial - JustWinBaby - 02-28-2016, 12:32 AM