Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If we lose both Sanu and Jones
(02-28-2016, 12:39 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: What's the news on Gordon's possibility of reinstatement?  If there's any chance of that happening, it seems that Hue would do everything to keep Josh around for at least one season.  When Gordon is playing, he's a Top 5 receiver.

The latest news is that Gordon applied for reinstatement and he's practically been a boy scout during his suspension. He'll almost certainly be reinstated, but I think the NFL will leave him hanging for a good portion of the offseason before finally reinstating him. Probably to make sure he stays on the straight and narrow.

As for whether or not the Browns keep him, I think it depends on whether or not the Browns sign both Mo Sanu and Travis Benjamin. Sanu has made it clear he wants a bigger role. He wouldn't get that with Gordon, Benjamin and Barnidge all in the fold. Sanu would pretty much be in the exact same situation he just left.

The Browns are trying to sign Benjamin and they've expressed interest in Sanu, so...that's why I think Gordon may come available at some point - if the Browns manage to sign both. That said, I doubt the Browns would trade him in the division. Unless of course we offered up McCarron. That said, I'd want more than just Gordon in exchange for McCarron considering the risks involved with Gordon.

I'd definitely trade McCarron and a 5th for Gordon and a 3rd, for example.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
If we lose both Sanu and Jones - fredtoast - 02-19-2016, 01:15 PM
RE: If we lose both Sanu and Jones - Crowe - 02-20-2016, 06:57 PM
RE: If we lose both Sanu and Jones - Shake n Blake - 02-28-2016, 03:12 PM
RE: If we lose both Sanu and Jones - McC - 02-19-2016, 06:24 PM
RE: If we lose both Sanu and Jones - McC - 02-25-2016, 01:50 AM