Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Transgender Sports- A Tough Question
(02-29-2016, 11:59 AM)Benton Wrote: I was a sports report for several years. And I used to do a side business helping parents put together highlight packages to send to schools. It's competitive. But undergoing months and years worth of hormone therapy — with some of the cost coming out of your pocket — to get a scholarship when there are millions of dollars in scholarships for non-sports related students? You don't find that absurd in the slightest?

That's like pushing your car cross country to prove you need shoes. It just doesn't make any sense. And nobody is doing it.

Is that crazier than moving to a fake address sometimes states away? Then keeping up this fake address while you are constantly traveling for a school year?

Let's not even get into what parents do to be on the right AAU team.

You are talking about reasonable parents doing highlight reels to get exposure. I am talking about the vast majority of the AAU culture. The big time AAU culture where a sponsorship from adidas matters. And these neighborhood brokers are the gate keepers to recruiting. It's a completely different world than the things you are talking about. These parents don't concern themselves with academic pursuits or scholarships. To them the only sure thing is athletics.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Transgender Sports- A Tough Question - StLucieBengal - 02-29-2016, 02:49 PM