Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sanu= virtually no chance he will resign with the Bengals
(03-02-2016, 05:18 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Jim O and Paul D suggested an interesting scenario for Sanu.

They basically linked the Sanu/Marvin Jones situation to MJ/Dunlap.

They'll come up with an offer that they feel is reasonable and present it to Jones (like they did with Michael Johnson), and see what his response is. If he decides the deal isn't enough and wants to go somewhere else (similar to MJ), then the team will take the deal and present it to Sanu (like Dunlap).

Ugh. This ran through my mind. It's also similar to Leon/JJo. The problem is that I don't think Sanu is a good starting option. He's just "meh".

I'd rather address the need in the draft or sign a guy like Rishard Matthews than sign Sanu for around $5 million per.

(03-02-2016, 05:24 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I'm not sure why Sanu would give off the vibe he's shut the door on Cincy because of opportunity with Jones possibly going to a new squad. Doesn't make much sense to me.

This has also crossed my mind. It seems silly that Sanu would leave for a bigger role when he could conceivably have that here if MLJ bolts.

Again though, I'm almost hoping we lose Sanu based on production/skill vs what he's going to get on the open market. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sanu= virtually no chance he will resign with the Bengals - Shake n Blake - 03-02-2016, 05:33 PM
Looks like Sanu is gone - Bengalbug - 02-19-2016, 07:41 AM
RE: Looks like Sanu is gone - Bengalbug - 02-19-2016, 10:28 AM
RE: Looks like Sanu is gone - BFritz21 - 02-19-2016, 07:43 PM
RE: Looks like Sanu is gone - SunsetBengal - 02-19-2016, 07:50 PM
RE: Looks like Sanu is gone - motoarch - 02-19-2016, 07:52 PM