Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Legitimate Arguments Against the 2nd Amendment
(03-03-2016, 04:15 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Holy shit. Im not reading through all these pages to learn whats been talked about up to here. But no wonder Army dudes are getting killed. When a Brigade commander (is that an o-7? Never cared to learn army terminology) is suggesting you light up a fighting hole at night with glow sticks.? Da fuq? My battalion commander would have told that pog to go back to his tent. Of couse my (battalion commander) Colonel Asad Khan was a real badass. And my experience with commanders could differ from the experience of most. 

Brigade Commander is usually an O-6, full bird colonel.  All Brigade Commanders aren't that much of an idiot.  I've had some that were badass, also.  Problems is they may spend one or two assignments as a PL at the platoon level.  Then everything is company level and up.  Sometimes I think they just say stupid shit because they think they need to say something because if they remain silent you will think they're an idiot, but what comes out of their mouth makes it so much worse.

(03-03-2016, 08:16 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: No point in reading it, it is just drivel.

Yeah, our command tried to do the whole PT belt in Iraq.  Got shot down quick.  Another reason being a contractor was better, you can ignore those policies.

I got two Article 15s (one included a reduction in rank) for ignoring stupid policies and I still got promoted, demoted, and promoted faster and further than you.  Ain't that some shit?  I told that Brigade Commander I wasn't going to have my men use a chem light holders because it was stupid and explained why it was stupid while I had my gunners demonstrate how stupid it was.  I also explained if I wanted a directional chem light I would just cut a slit in the foil package or use some 100mph tape to tape the damn chem light.  You wanna know what happened?  Nothing.  Well, my platoon sergeant told me to shut the **** up before I got my third Article 15, but that was the last time I heard about stupid chem light holders.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Legitimate Arguments Against the 2nd Amendment - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 03-03-2016, 10:38 AM