Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Legitimate Arguments Against the 2nd Amendment
(03-03-2016, 09:35 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: He has a GED. 

But, to further explain your question. For awhile, the Army waived the GED requirement due to recruiting shortfalls. Like the Army relaxed the medical standards for new recruits with pre-existing mental illness and criminal backgrounds. When the Army's strength management has an increased demand for numbers some recruiting and retention standards are relaxed to meet strength goals. When  their demand for numbers decrease the recruiting and retention standards become more stringent to cull the herd. It's like a thermostat with a negative feedback loop. Ideally, the numbers coming in and the numbers being promoted are in equilibrium with the numbers leaving for each career field in every skill level to fill all the assignments from rifleman to Chief of Staff. 

I recall that, during the second Iraq war/Afghanistan period.  They even had an earn your GED during basic program at one of the bases on the east coast.

I was just curious as your statement was that he was a HS dropout and I wondered how he enlisted.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Legitimate Arguments Against the 2nd Amendment - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 03-03-2016, 09:48 PM