Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What does a successful government look like?
(03-05-2016, 06:20 PM)Nately120 Wrote: A few questions/comments:

For me the ideal government would be strong military defense. 
- depends on what you mean by "defense" because our military is viewed as "defense" when it's mostly offensive in nature

Low regulation, low taxes, and high freedom.
- makes sense, unless your strong military is expensive.  If you want "defense" you have to pay for it

I'm ok with some people failing because I believe communities will rally to help one another as needed.
- meh, I agree the safety nets could be more efficient, but I don't see myself voluntarily helping "welfare queens" on my own dime unless the government forces me to

And if states want to fund safety nets for people then let them do that at the state level.    
- there is a catch-all safety net for the low educated and poor at the state level and it's called Disability.  Handouts on the national level have become so taboo that there is pressure to sweep those statistics under the rug and place them on state disability in order to present prettier numbers

1. I prefer a military that's almost always in defense mode. If I had my way we wouldn't be as active around the world with the military.

2. Military defense is easily paid for when you don't have all the federal social nets to fund.

3. That's your choice to not help poor people. That's an ideal version of full freedom. Like I said, in my way some will fail but that's not alway a bad thing.

4. I would have zero safety nets if I had my way. But I think each state should be able to choose for themselves.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What does a successful government look like? - StLucieBengal - 03-05-2016, 07:17 PM