Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prospects The Bengals Met With
(03-06-2016, 02:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Those are the two guys that give me hope.

That new Hobspin piece frickin pissed me off. The coaches love Peko blah blah blah... Sad

It was a knee jerk reaction to people saying that Peko is inferior.   He's a good DT - but his snap count is dropping.   2015 showed he can still play quality ball if he's not in there too often.

The assumption coming out of that opinion is that we already have enough at the run stopping position.  That's what really frustrates me about Hobson's take.   What has Thompson's "quick first step" done for us in the last 3 years???  Pretty much nothing.  Neither Sims or Thompson can stay on the field, so Peko's snap count goes up and his efficacy goes down.  And our failure at crunch time continues.

You know the definition of stupid...

Everyone has their priority for what we need, and we could go in a lot of directions depending on what's available and who we've signed.

My priorities are stopping the run, running the ball and covering linebackers and TEs in about that order (though I could reverse the first two depending on the level of talent available).

It seems to me that the best talent available for stopping the run is available in the first round.   In the 2nd round we could get LUCKY with Austin Johnson or Kenny Clark.  I'm not a fan of Washington and Chris Jones does not have much production. I think waiting till the 2nd round lowers the odds of getting the quality DT we want.

There are other interesting producers like Hargrove and Ridgeway - but I'm not sold on taking them in the 2nd round.

Statistics are deceiving.  And though we have a good record against the run, we were not able to stop the run when it counted last season.  Nor could we run the ball when we wanted.

My dream would be to upgrade at DT and Center in the first two rounds and get a good 3 down backer or at least a LB/S hybrid who could cover on 3rd down in the 3rd round.

Everything beyond that is gravy this year.    If we keep our corners, and one each of our safeties and Marvin Jones and upgrade the offensive and defensive interior we have a Super Bowl team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Prospects The Bengals Met With - 3wt - 03-01-2016, 02:35 PM
RE: Prospects The Bengals Met With - 3wt - 03-02-2016, 08:57 PM
RE: Prospects The Bengals Met With - 3wt - 03-02-2016, 08:56 PM
RE: Prospects The Bengals Met With - 3wt - 03-04-2016, 05:47 PM
RE: Prospects The Bengals Met With - 3wt - 03-07-2016, 12:34 PM
RE: Prospects The Bengals Met With - 3wt - 03-09-2016, 08:11 PM
RE: Prospects The Bengals Met With - 3wt - 03-20-2016, 12:12 PM
RE: Prospects The Bengals Met With - 3wt - 04-01-2016, 11:41 AM
RE: Prospects The Bengals Met With - TKUHL - 04-22-2016, 08:26 PM