Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
So what exactly is our plan for Wide Receiver?
(03-09-2016, 01:27 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I believe they'll go with a cheaper option veteran via FA.  Similar to when we brought in Nate Clements when Jonathan Joseph left.  Couple that with spending a 2nd or 3rd round pick on another WR, and I think that's the plan at WR.

I mean, hey, if they could grab a Mike Wallace at a reduced price then I'd see they knocked this out of the park.  Spending anywhere near what Marvin Jones got just doesn't make sense for a team who has AJ Green and Tyler Eifert, who is due for a new deal himself.

I look for a 1-3 year deal for a vet at 3-5 mil per.

This.

We sign a Denarius Moore type from the scrap heap and use a 2nd-4th round pick on a WR.

This is assuming they re-sign Sanu.  The coaches seem to love sanu, and he did play very well the first half of '14.  BUt I hope we don't overpay to re-sign him.  Even though I want to keep him, he is not worth a huge contract.

If we lose Sanu in addition to Jones then we sign TWO Denarius Moore types from the scrap heap and use an additional 5th -6th round pick on a WR. 

No matter what happens I don't see us signing a significant free agent WR or using a first round pick on the position.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: So what exactly is our plan for Wide Receiver? - fredtoast - 03-09-2016, 02:08 PM