Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about "reporting" posts
Have you ever done it?

It has been cast as the Scarlet Letter around here lately and I was wondering what would lead someone to actually report a post short of obvious spam advertising?

I have several pages on Facebook I have to run and in general there are very, VERY few times something has to be taken down that isn't, again, obvious spam.

You don't have to say who it was or give specific details.  I'm just curious if this happens as much as is thought or if the mods are just good at catching stuff and people who think things are always getting "reported" are just misinformed on that.

I know one time around 2006 or 2007, right after Tomlin was hired I saw a post in Smack that, to me, was borderline racist so I flagged it with the question if it passed the smell test.  Turns out a moderator had made the original post.  He informed me that not only was it not racist but that I was a stupid Steelers fan for even suggesting it and nothing would ever be done about it.

Interestingly he was perma-banned from the site eventually.   Smirk

But I never reported anything after that.  Unless (and I honestly do not remember) it was one of those "work from home and get $100 sunglasses for free" posts that slipped in occasionally over the years.

Anyone else?  
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
Question about "reporting" posts - GMDino - 03-09-2016, 04:15 PM