Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bern it up with Sanders or burn it down with Trump
(03-09-2016, 04:27 PM)Benton Wrote: I don't know if it's a "burn it down" but I think a lot of people are just tired of the same shit. The majority of the GOP ticket are career politicians who are going to try to spend more and tax the rich less. Doesn't work.  Clinton is like most of the career politicians who are going to try to spend more and tax the poor less. Doesn't work.

Bernie and Trump offer two very different approaches. Trump, largely, is just advocating a lot of the already hashed out GOP platform — bomb people, blame illegals for all the problems, complain about taxes — but he doesn't have the same track record of doing absolutely nothing to help like the other candidates on his ticket. Bernie is voicing something different than his party and has a record to back it up, but we've become conditioned to fear old white guys.

I think Trump is gaining steam due to his talk about taking outsourcing corporations to task with penalties and tariffs....but you don't see a lot of that talk in our world of soundbites.  I don't like the guy......at all, but I like that talk.  Probably double talk, but I like that it is being talked about at least.....more than you can say for the mainstream candidates.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bern it up with Sanders or burn it down with Trump - Wyche'sWarrior - 03-09-2016, 05:56 PM