Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should Trading McCarron Be Considered?
(03-09-2016, 07:41 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I read the Broncos offered $15m/yr for 3 years, and the Texans offered $18m/yr for 4 years. So $3m/yr more, with an extra year. Does turn out to be $27m more.

I blame Joe Flacco for ruining the QB market. When Anquan Boldin caught all his jump balls and won the SB, Flacco got vastly overpaid despite being mediocre at best. That then led to Colin Kaepernick getting vastly overpaid, and once you overpay Flacco and Kaepernick, the rest is pretty much history.

I saw $15m/yr earlier this week as well, but apparently the Broncos upped their offer a bit.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/09/osweiler-gets-18m-a-year-from-texans-broncos-offered-16m/

I agree about Joe Flacco. He really had the Ravens by the balls though. Overpay? Or let the reigning SB MVP walk and piss off the entire fanbase?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should Trading McCarron Be Considered? - Shake n Blake - 03-09-2016, 07:59 PM