Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
So what exactly is our plan for Wide Receiver?
(03-09-2016, 09:05 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: He has been the center fielder on a team that doesn't give up many big plays and has been consistently in the top 10. Had a pretty long streak of not giving up a TD too. Leon Hall was a good corner for a long while. How many pro bowls and all pros did he have. Same for Reggie Nelson, how many pro bowls and all pros.

I thought Iloka was the one that came on and became the one calling the shots in the secondary. Crocker had to do it for a while because Reggie couldn't and when Reggie was called on to do it it he was in over his head.

Hall was a 2nd team All-Pro in 2009 and was one of the better CBs in the NFL before he tore his achilles the first time, then the second time. Lets see Iloka get on the All-Pro list and then tear his achilles twice before we give him excuses for not getting any more.

Nelson has one of each, which is still one more of each than Iloka has.

Don't get me wrong, I am glad Iloka re-signed, but he's not a better safety right this second than Nelson, let alone a top-5 safety in the entire NFL.

- - - - -
If that was true, why was Nelson made defensive Captain in 2015? Iloka only played 59.3% of the defensive snaps in 2015, so I doubt he was calling the shots considering the secondary played great with and without him.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: So what exactly is our plan for Wide Receiver? - TheLeonardLeap - 03-09-2016, 09:57 PM