Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should Trading McCarron Be Considered?
(03-09-2016, 09:49 PM)scottyd33 Wrote: I would agree. I'm just saying we are going to find ourselves in an Aaron Rodgers Brett Farve situation. McCarron is going to be a great NFL Qb. Not saying anything bad against Dalton. I love the way he played this year. But NO he did not win the prime time game...Lost to Houston on Monday night football. 

I'm just adding a twist to the thread that's all. McCarron came in and performed like a champ during arguable the hardest part of the schedule and showed he is going to be able to get the job done. Keep in mind this was his first NFL playing time. 

McCarron started 4 games and 2 of them were against the 49ers and Ravens (which happen to be his only wins). I think McCarron played pretty good, but people get really carried away. He didn't win any tough games and he choked in OT against the Broncos and most of the playoff game. He gets a bit of a pass for being a rook, but it still happened.

Good backup? Absolutely. I was pleased with his overall performance. Possible starter somewhere? Maybe. An Aaron Rodgers clone who is destined to take the league by storm and push Andy Dalton? If you think that, you're either a Dalton hater or a 'Bama fan.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should Trading McCarron Be Considered? - Shake n Blake - 03-09-2016, 10:07 PM