Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bern it up with Sanders or burn it down with Trump
(03-10-2016, 01:55 PM)McC Wrote: I don't think any of those countries with free college education are as big as the US and, even if they are, I hate the idea of the government sending everyone to college.  Nobody paid my way but me and it was far from easy but I did it.

It is not remotely the government's responsibility to educate its citizens in a democracy and it would force an already too large gov't to become even bigger.  The price tag would be enormous and the extra miles of red tape that comes with gov't involvement would be ridiculous.  You want to ruin something?  Involve the gov't in it.

I can't buy any plan for such an undertaking.  It would be the death of higher education and create an enormous tax burden on the middle class.  Hell no.

I don't see free college working out here because there's no cost controls. You can't tell consumers to get what they want and businesses to send you the bill. It works in some countries because there's some regulation of people going into different industries, but you wouldn't have that here.

The problem isn't with having more degrees, it's having more people with training to do something. Anything. Not everybody needs a BS in literature just because they didn't know what they wanted to do when they were 20. But that person might have an aptitude and interest in something else.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bern it up with Sanders or burn it down with Trump - Benton - 03-10-2016, 02:37 PM