Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump asked how he will make Mexico pay for his wall...
(03-11-2016, 12:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 1. Again he did not say he would go to war with Mexico over the wall; that's just some "fear mongering".  Of course we threaten war; you do know that is one of the perks of having the world's largest Military (tangent opportunity).

2. It appears only one of us watches Bill O'Reilly. I personally cannot stand the man.

3. You do realize if we cut aid to Mexico and we redirect that money to construct a wall, Mexico is in a sense paying for the wall. Lefties ask "How's he going to make Mexico pay for the wall?" and when a reasonable method is given that falls into the "that doesn't count' category.

Analogy makes little sense

4. They all were, you just disagreed with 3 of them.

I've tuned Trump out so much that I really hadn't heard this 'we'll end aid to mexico' funding explanation as of yet.  Fair point.  Was that his explanation, or was it offered up by someone else?  Not that it matters, just curious.  Couple of additional questions..

Ok.  I'll bite on 1 Billion in aid as of 2013.  Actually looks like just shy of a billion, but who's counting?  

1.  How long will it take us to build said wall?  Could it conceivably be done within his time in office?

2.  How much does a wall like that cost?  I mean, aren't most stadiums these days $1B themselves?  I know we're not putting up flat screens and whatnot, but damn sure seems like its going to cost more than 10 - 20B right? 

3.  Won't cutting the aid to mexico in effect exacerbate their problems and increase the number of immigrants coming across the border why the 'wall' is incomplete?

4.  We're going to wall off all the seaside property along the gulf of mexico and southern california too, right?

Sorry.  I'm just a dumb 'liberal' (really appreciate the incessant reminder, definitely advances the 'dialogue') who doesn't understand complexity and/or [insert stock head in sand picture]  But I certainly appreciate the mental elite of these boards giving me the straight talk.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump asked how he will make Mexico pay for his wall... - Vas Deferens - 03-11-2016, 01:03 PM