Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, Are We Pretty Much Done in FA?
(03-10-2016, 01:31 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Sure, we need to fill out the roster. There will be other signings. So I don't mean literally done in that we won't sign anyone else. More so that we won't sign anyone else of note.

The team put out the 15 mil dollar figure last week. I noticed just now that it was reiterated in article by Paul Dehner. I would assume, had that figured changed, it wouldn't have made into another beat article.

So, do the match. Look at the money we spent on TJ Johnson and Tate. (Fwiw, that I'm even adding up such paltry amounts, but when you're budgeting 15 mil every bit counts.) Throw in 6 mil for Iloka. You're somewhere in the 7.5-8 mil range.

Then the question is, how much did we spend on Pacman? I'm just guessing, it was at least 4 mil per. Minimum. But probably 5-6. (I could be wrong, just guessing) So we're left with somewhere in the 11.5 to 14 mil range.

What's left?

We still got spots to fill, and even warm bodies add up. So I would have to say, that as far name FA's, that we're done. And that includes a lot of our own guys. Fat Andre, Leon Hall, Nelson, Sanu, Gillberry, Sims, Brandon Thompson... Do we keep any of them, and if so which ones and how many. (I'm guessing not many, and whoever cost less than 2 mil)

Before anyone gets their panties in a bunch and accuses me of whining or squealing, this isn't a ***** thread. It's a conversation thread, a math thread. A temper your expectations thread.

If what the team told us is true, Free Agency 2016 is already nearing it's exciting conclusion. Just warning you...

dont forget V Rey who is making 11 mil over 3 years i believe.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: So, Are We Pretty Much Done in FA? - XenoMorph - 03-11-2016, 05:40 PM