Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
No seriously, make Roddie White a Bengal
(03-15-2016, 11:12 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: So was Terrance Newman... 5 years later he is still starting at cb for min.

Just because a guy isn't a superstar doesn't mean he can't help.  I don't care if it's roddy white or mike Wallace.  We need to replace two receivers production.  I truly believe toddy white could replace sanu for at least a year.  We are not asking everyone to be superstars. 

I said it before, jerricho cotchery is not a great wide receiver.  But he played a valuable part for the panthers.  Owen Daniels is also probably old and washed up in your mind but he also played a valuable part for the Broncos.  

Keep an open mind.

two completely different positions and circumstances.  Your not discussing why White would be different in this circumstance just listing high profile names on winning teams.  Cotchery hasn't had any huge fall off and accepted his role on teams long ago.  Likewise Owen Daniels is putting up similar production as he has in the past and this only accounts for their receiveing stats.  Intangible things like Run blocking also comes into play.  While White may be able to put up similar numbers as sanu as a third receiver does he offer the same option plays as Sanu ?  Who is the better run blocker in our scheme and what effect will switching play books and quarterbacks have on a veteran who declined in a system he was comfortable with.  Your not thinking logically your only pandering to your fandom.

How many of the other free agent and draft receivers have you researched to determine that White is the best option for the team or could it be that you simply know his name.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: No seriously, make Roddie White a Bengal - Okeana - 03-15-2016, 01:20 PM