Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brandon LaFell visiting the Bengals
(03-17-2016, 04:30 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: LaFell also averages about 100 more yards per year than Jones, and that's even excluding the season where Jones didn't play due to injury AND including almost half of the season that LaFell missed last year due to his injury. Marvin Jones does average 2-3 more TDs a year though (mostly due to that 10 TD year; his 2nd highest TDs in a year is 4). I think LaFell could be just as good as Jones. I don't think he's better, but he would be a good replacement due to him being a lot more resilient to injuries and he has just as much production and Jones.

The thing with this upcoming draft though is that it's not deep what so ever in WR talent. Treadwell / Doctson / Coleman / Fuller are the only ones I would take in the first, and Boyd would be someone I would take in the 2nd. I'm not impressed with any other receiver in that draft class. If we do take a receiver it will be in the 1st or 2nd round. Otherwise it will be at the ass end of the draft like we did last year with Alford.

If we do pick up someone like LaFell in FA I wouldn't be surprised if we pass on WR early this year. I think that we would just do a lot of 2 TE sets with Eifert and Kroft (or Uzomah). If we don't bring in someone from FA I would be pretty surprised if we don't draft a WR early in the draft. I think there are a lot of defensive players in the years draft that would be hard to pass up in the first few rounds.

I would hope that the addition of LaFell doesn't remove the possibility of a WR taken in the first round. I agree with you that Coleman, Treadwell, and Doctson are all first-round talents. Fuller has plenty of talent to consider in the first as well, but the constant drops will be a worry. If the Bengals were willing to sacrifice the drops for everything else Fuller could bring, I'd support the decision.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Brandon LaFell visiting the Bengals - ochocincos - 03-17-2016, 05:03 PM