Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scanning the radio dial yesterday
(06-19-2015, 11:52 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: First, you're crazy!

Second, you still have a radio dial?!?!?!?

Third, atmospheric conditions play a big part in the distance radio waves can travel.  I can't tell you what conditions are the most conducive to it happening, but the idea is that when the waves can penetrate into the upper atmosphere and then be reflected back down, they are going to cover much more distance.

Exactly.  Its less likely with an FM signal but I use to listen to lots of far away AM stations as a kid.  I was/am a radio geek.  Its what I went to college for and worked in the field for a number of years.  Still miss it.

(06-19-2015, 11:58 PM)Benton Wrote: Granted I'm a guy that works at a newspaper, so I realize there's some irony here given I'm posting this on the internet and mocking another industry, but...

People still listen to the radio? Outside of sports radio (rarely, although I like Dan Patrick's show) and NPR, the only time I listen to a regular radio station is when I ride with my dad, who hasn't tried anything new since 1987.

When we would vacation I'd always tune in to the local radio stations to see if the DJ's were any good.  As more and more stations got bought up and went to satellite music feeds I got bored and switched to AM talk and NPR.

I'd still just listen to NPR but the new car has Sirius/XM and I love the older channels and the old time radio shows.

As I said: Geek. Smirk

And at the gym or when I'm mowing the lawn I have podcasts downloaded.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scanning the radio dial yesterday - GMDino - 06-22-2015, 06:01 PM