Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I saw Batman vs Superman last night...
(03-24-2016, 09:08 AM)McC Wrote: I don't understand the whole concept.  Why would Batman and Superman be against each other?  Aren't they both good guys?  Plus, how on earth could Batman, a mere mortal, stand a chance against Superman?

Ok, so, some bullet points so this can make some sense.

Trying for no spoilers here...

- Superman represents GOOD, yes. But in a different way than Batman. We as readers or movie watchers need to put ourselves behind the characters we are watching's mindset. THEY don't necessarily view each other as good.

- These two characters have very different perspectives on the world. From the trailers, you can see that Batman/Bruce Wayne is much older (15-20 years) than Superman/Clark Kent. What's the old saying? A pessimist is just an optimist with experience.

- Superman represents something bad in the eyes of many. He does good things, yes, but unlike a weapon people can CHOOSE to use he is a being of God like power and has his own free will. Not everyone sees Superman as a force for good.

- Batman beats Superman down in the comics all the time. Remember, Superman is mortal, too. Just Super powerful from exposure to the Earth's yellow sun. There are several things that can hurt or kill him. The main 2 being Kryptonite & Magic. Batman is the world's greatest detective - so he knows this, and is a hell of a lot meaner and more devious than Superman who, himself, is a bit of a boy scout.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I saw Batman vs Superman last night... - PDub80 - 03-24-2016, 10:29 AM