Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I saw Batman vs Superman last night...
(03-24-2016, 10:02 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: In every preview I see, I just cant get over how bad Eisenberg seems as Luther. Its scaring me away from seeing this movie.

He's fine. The bad guy is just there to further the plot along and lay foundation for a much larger, broader group of guys to come through. I think they will develop him as the DC Universe progresses. Eisenberg does a good job. Not amazing like Heath Ledger. Frankly, Lex Luthor is nowhere near as interesting or has as many avenues as the Joker does, so that would be IMPOSSIBLE from a character stand point.

In this movie, Luthor is very young. And a little whacky. This was an interesting decision to take the character over the older calm, cool, and calculated Luthor we know from the comics.

My one gripe is that it wasn't longer. They could have made the movie 4 hours long and gone into great detail with the main characters and it would have still flown by.

Don't let Eisenberg's take on Luthor scare you away. He's not Ledger's Joker or even Devito's Penguin, but he's not Mr. Freeze, Riddler, or Two Face, either. He's right there a shade under Devito, IMO. Similar to Hardy's Banein terms of acting (only, with less screen time).
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I saw Batman vs Superman last night... - PDub80 - 03-24-2016, 10:36 AM