Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I saw Batman vs Superman last night...
I read Dark Knight Returns way back when. I was kinda happy when an animated version came out recently. But I'm surprised they also tried to do a live action movie. I haven't seen it yet so I'll reserve judgement but I have been kind of concerned by the trailers which made it look like they were trying to do too much. And honestly I'm more excited for Suicide Squad later this year.

Yknow, it may be goofy and saccharine but Richard Donner's Superman with Christopher Reeves...that's someone kids could look up to. I liked Man of Steel better than most but I felt betrayed by the ending. I don't care whether there is a precedent in the comics or not, I want a Superman that doesn't kill, who can be a role model. It sounds like part of the point of Batman V Superman (from the trailers) is that he 'doesn't owe this world a thing'. I like realism in movies given a specific premise but if the fictional Superman is so realistic he can't be a role model for kids then I have an issue with that. Regardless of the comics, MY Superman and Batman don't kill. And I think part of the reaction to Man of Steel confirmed that I'm not the only one who feels that way.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I saw Batman vs Superman last night... - BoomerFan - 03-25-2016, 10:39 AM