Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Someone broke into my house last night
(06-22-2015, 07:42 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Been out of town all weekend. 

Showed up on Friday and waited for like two hours in the waiting room. They swore us in (the police officers were there that were involved in the incident) and then they made me leave the room. They didnt even need me. I guess the police officer told them what happened and they don't like to get witnesses involved. It just sucks because I wasted my entire morning for nothing. 

I think the dude that came in my homes court date was today. They ended up charging him with all of his offenses. Wonder if he pleaded guilty/non guilty etc. 

The entire court system sucks. I feel like im completely left in the dark with whats going on. I talked to the cop at the court house and apparently the guy isnt even in jail anymore. Would have been nice to know... 

You should call the DA's office and complain.

I can understand why they may not have needed your testimony, but they should have let you know what was going on.  Most DA's offices have a specific person whose only job is to do this kind of stuff.  Here we call them "witness coordinators".

If your court date was for the grand jury there is no way he has plead out already.  The defendant's next court date after being indicted by the grand jury is just an arraignment.  There is no need for the victim to be present for the arraignment.  All they do is address bond and legal representation.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Someone broke into my house last night - fredtoast - 06-22-2015, 08:17 PM