Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Bruce Arians calls for full-time officals
(03-28-2016, 11:33 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Working doesn't have to be just during the season, they aren't players and they can be working for the league in a different capacity during the off season.

I'm not sure you actually read my post before you quoted and commented on it.  I definitely spelled out that it was 22 weeks in the preseason, and regular season.  Yet I worked the numbers on a full time schedule of 40 hours a week for 50 weeks, not 22.  Leaving a 2 week vacation, as the entire year is comprised of 52 weeks.

As for working in a different capacity during the off season.  This is just creating something for them to do.  Aren't those jobs in a different capacity currently being done by other people?  To just invent something for each of them to do for 1200 plus hours a year during the off season, so we can all get the warm and fuzzies that they're full time officials is ridiculous.

I am 100% on board with making the refs accountable.  I just dont think coming up with "busy work" for 16 crews of 7 people, for 1200 hours each is going to accomplish what many want and are thinking it would.  

Specifically, what are these jobs in a different capacity that you have in mind?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bruce Arians calls for full-time officals - Shepdawg - 03-28-2016, 03:34 PM