Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Brandon LaFell has reached agreement w/ Bengals
(03-30-2016, 05:38 PM)Wyche Wrote: Good signing, pretty decent FA period, all things considered.  Most importantly, we pretty much kept the secondary intact, and could still wind up with #20 back.  That'd be a boon on the defensive side of the ball.

A good draft and LaFell could make things interesting on the offensive side.  

All in all, a tip of the hat to the FO in FA.  I don't think I've EVER said that...... Mellow

Agreed. This is the first offseason I can remember where the Bengals did everything I thought they should do.

- Let MLJ and Sanu sign crazy contracts elsewere? Check.
- Make the younger safety (Iloka) the priority? Check.
- Bring back Adam? Check.
- Sign a vet WR (something I've harped on for years?) Check. (As a bonus, it was the exact guy I wanted)
- Let Andre walk? Check.
- Finally sign Dansby? Check.

The only other thing I would possibly want is for Reggie to come back, and even that is still a possibility. Props to the FO.

(03-30-2016, 05:42 PM)Joelist Wrote: Signing LaFell is us showing we learned the lesson in 2014 about needing experienced depth.

Yup. Hopefully they also add a draft pick or two. Like BD said, just one injury and we're looking at Tate starting.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Brandon LaFell has reached agreement w/ Bengals - Shake n Blake - 03-30-2016, 06:15 PM