Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Brandon LaFell has reached agreement w/ Bengals
(03-30-2016, 07:24 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: 1. No what worries me is that he was cut by a team with not so great WR depth. 2. And we are signing him to be our #2.

3. I saw it saved about 2.6mil by them cutting him.
http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/5188/brandon-lafell

4. We didn't really have much competition for his services. 5. With the Panthers WRs and their experience with him I expected them to poke around. But didn't hear anything.

6. I like it. Done complaining. Just not going to treat it like some massive, offseason winning, free agent pick up.

1. The Pats have better WR depth than some think. Edelman and Amendola are solid. I'd take Keshawn Martin over Tate.

2. He may not be our #2 depending on how the draft goes. If he is, he'll be in the same role he was in NE. He was behind Gronk and Edelman there. He'd be behind Green and Eifert here.

3. Still a good chunk of change, especially considering what they're paying Nate Washington to fill the same role.

4. FA is dead right now. Boldin, Fitzpatrick, Arian Foster, Reggie Nelson and many other solid players are barely even making visits, let alone signing.

5. They have Kelvin Benjamin, Ted Ginn, Devin Funchess, etc. I'd say they're all set.

6. I don't think anyone really thinks it's a massive signing, just a very good smart move that assures we'll be (at the very least) "ok" at WR2.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Brandon LaFell has reached agreement w/ Bengals - Shake n Blake - 03-30-2016, 07:47 PM