Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Brandon LaFell has reached agreement w/ Bengals
(03-30-2016, 07:24 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: No what worries me is that he was cut by a team with not so great WR depth. And we are signing him to be our #2.

I saw it saved about 2.6mil by them cutting him.
http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/5188/brandon-lafell

We didn't really have much competition for his services. With the Panthers WRs and their experience with him I expected them to poke around. But didn't hear anything.

I like it. Done complaining. Just not going to treat it like some massive, offseason winning, free agent pick up.

The Patriots had a plan going into the offseason it would seem, LaFell according to OverTheCap.com had a 3.8 mil cap hit for 2016, I assume about a million of that turns into dead money though. They decided it was a better move to go ahead and cut LaFell, save the 2.5+ mil and put that towards getting a young guy in Chris Hogan and a veteran in Nate Washington.

The fact they cut LaFell doesn't worry me at all, they liked a younger guy on a similar contract and made it happen while putting some of the money from cutting LaFell to the younger players contract.

As for Carolina they haven't got as big of a problem at WR as some people claim, As Shake stated above they have Benjamin returning, Funchess going into his second year, and Ginn playing the best football of his life, so yea they are set. 

This board is so wishy washy with the way they treat signings, In every potential Free Agent thread people whine and complain and throw out the "only kicking the tires" comment and then when they get signed its fine but we should have done better. I swear so many on this board just don't wanna be happy, just easier to complain about another solid move rather than appreciate that basically all the right moves were made this off season by our Front Office. Seeing the deals guys like MJ and Sanu got I will take LaFell all day and draft talented guys early rather than cripple our potential of signing more important players down the road over the the #3-4 option on the offense.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Brandon LaFell has reached agreement w/ Bengals - BobJones4980 - 03-30-2016, 09:42 PM