Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Brandon LaFell has reached agreement w/ Bengals
(03-31-2016, 05:40 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: 1. I disagree. He's a much better suited slot receiver.

Looking at his playing time in the slot and outside, he's more productive in the slot.

2. In 2011, with Cam Newton setting rookie recrods, he ranked 6th on the team in receptions. In 2012 he actually didn't do too bad as a #2. In 2013 he spent more time in the slot as they used Ted Ginn on the outside.

3. In 2014 when he joined the Patriots he was moved in the slot and outside quite a few times.

However, in 2015 when he was asked to basically be more of a #2 and stay on the outside, his numbers dropped and he didn't consistently win.

4. LaFell is basically a replacement for Sanu, not Jones. And there's nothing wrong with that, LaFell can play in the slot and outside, but he's not going to win on the outside consistently. He needs to move around, that's his strength.

5. We still need a legit #2 who is going to consistently be able to win on the outside.

1. LaFell's best season came on the outside, so it's very debatable that this is where he's best suited. That said, judging from Hobson's comments, it looks like it may be where we use him.

2. He only started 6 games that year and had 56 targets. You could say he was a young WR trying to break through. Much like MLJ and Sanu took 2-3 seasons to really reach the level they're at now.

3. I'd love to see the official snap counts in the slot and outside with the Pats, as he was usually playing outside when I watched them in '14.

4. You're speculating just as I'm speculating. The truth is that neither of us know how LaFell is going to be used, and much of it probably depends on (a) if we draft a outside WR and (b) if that WR is ready to make an impact as a rookie. 

5. LaFell has won plenty on the outside. I guess we'll just have to disagree.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Brandon LaFell has reached agreement w/ Bengals - Shake n Blake - 03-31-2016, 06:48 PM