Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Local News anchor fired for Facebook Comments
(03-31-2016, 09:25 PM)6andcounting Wrote: If someone has to pull two sentences from 5 long paragraphs and place them next to each other to make you seem racist, you probably aren't. Plus, she was speaking to a Pittsburgh audience that would know the people working at the restaurant are largely from the surrounding poor neighborhoods, and not an assumption she made because he was black.

I don't disagree with her comments and don't think they are actually racist, but I still don't know how I feel about the firing. On one hand she's a news anchor, meaning that should largely stay away from the political, cultural and controversy side of reporting the news. On the other hand, WTEA gave her this Facebook account so she can speak personally on the news, and not just read the facts off a teleprompter like during the actual newscast. She obviously had some leeway to commentate and inject feelings and opinions, but that's always going to be a fine line.

My money says she'll be better off, after the storm.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Local News anchor fired for Facebook Comments - Rotobeast - 03-31-2016, 09:38 PM