Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moritz Boehringer = Future Bengal
(04-01-2016, 05:43 PM)Wyche Wrote: You weren't the only one either, even some scouting agencies had him pegged as a fourth rounder.....

AS for this guy, a better comparison may be Reynoldo Niemiah?  Except he was a sprinter that had never played, if memory serves.

Also I simply don't think I could ever want to take a 26-year-old in the 2nd round regardless of everything else.

Even if they work out, their contract is 4 years and then when they become a FA when the next season they'll be 30. Will they decline? How many years do you give them? Are you willing to gamble they won't decline as fast as normal? Also, how much money will they want? If they're getting their 30-year-old contract, it's probably their last chance at a good payday.

It's more or less the same reason I laughed at the Browns taking Brandon Weeden in the 1st round. Even if he was good, how long could he realistically be good for? QB's age better than every position that's not a K or P, but still. He's only played 4 years in the NFL and he's already heading into his age 33 season.

Case and point.. Carlos Dunlap was a 2nd round pick. He's played 6 years in the NFL, TWICE as long as Hunt. Dunlap is still only heading into his age 27 season. Hunt is heading into his age 29 season.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Moritz Boehringer = Future Bengal - TheLeonardLeap - 04-01-2016, 07:27 PM