Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moritz Boehringer = Future Bengal
(04-01-2016, 10:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is like telling a joke about how stupid a certain race of people are.  The only way it seems funny is if you also think that race of people are stupid.

Since some of us see nothing stupid in doing what every other team in the league does we don't see any humor in it.  

So, you are taking offense at the OP, thinking of it as a slam against the organization?  If that is the case, I'd say that the OP is certainly entitled to expressing that opinion.  Most of us that are regulars have been life long Bengal fans, and have all experienced the joys and pains associated with being a fan of this team.  For you, as another fan of the team, to criticize another fan for his opinion, is what is "over the top".

Why do I support Cage the Bengal's thread?  Because it was funny.  Why was it funny?  Because it is no secret that the Bengals have one of the smallest scouting departments in the league.  The idea that an NFL team can operate with so few scouts in this day and age can be viewed in one of two ways;  A.  It's a wonder that they ever field a competitive squad.  B.  Wow, what a model of efficiency.  Now, most of us are sensible enough to know that "B" is the obvious correct answer, but many would still argue that if the Bengals would invest in doubling their scouting department, "we'd have won all the Super Bowls".  The fact that the lifelong fans of this team have never seen a championship, and stuck with them through the "dark ages", and continue to back them unconditionally should tell you something about their faith and dedication to this team.

My question to you is.  Who are you, as another fan of the same team, to criticize another fan for expressing their fanhood in a jocular manner, on April Fool's Day, no less?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Moritz Boehringer = Future Bengal - SunsetBengal - 04-02-2016, 01:19 AM