Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moritz Boehringer = Future Bengal
(04-02-2016, 08:57 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: This is how this goes with certain people.

Example 2:
Me: I wish the Bengals wouldn't use high draft picks (rounds 1-3) on project players.
Them: Every team drafts projects.
Me: I understand, but your high round picks you hope can contribute Day 1.
Them: You can't just draft for now, you have to draft for the future.
Me: Again, not what I'm saying. Using high draft picks on projects is basically wasting the pick.
Them: Guess we should just trade our picks away. I just made you and your argument look stupid. You don't know football like I do and you're a whiner.

In this example "Me" still refuses to acknowledge that the Bengals don't use more high draft picks on projects than any other team in the league.

This is why I am so persistent.  People just don't get it.  I don't say anything when people criticize the Bengals for legit reason, but when they don't look at what other teams do and just say that "if the Bengals did it it must be wrong" I will correct them.

And I will also come back strong on people who claim that if the Bengals don't do what they want then the only explanation is that the Bengals "don't want to win" or that fans who support the Bengals are "satisfied with mediocrity".

I don't just blindly support everything the bengals do.  In fact I criticize them myself.  But I will defend them against people who don't know what other teams do, or who claim they are not trying to win.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Moritz Boehringer = Future Bengal - fredtoast - 04-02-2016, 10:40 AM