Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Local News anchor fired for Facebook Comments
(04-02-2016, 01:29 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: I might be wrong but this could be some of those stereotypes that Fred was talking about.

Stereotypical right-winger can't pick up on sarcasm. Look, I'm not racist...I'm just white and therefore perceptive enough to pick up on the general crappiness of every other race compared to mine.

On a more serious note, I wouldn't say I NEVER use stereotypes and/or say offensive stuff BUT I don't use my real name, real picture, and known affiliation with the private organization that employs me next to any announcements I make of that nature. If I put my real name, photo, the organization for which I work, and other identifying things next to an offensive statement and my employer decides to can me that is a different story.

I used to work for a certain well-known organization and people who worked there would get canned occasionally for making "statements" that were attributed (fairly or not) to coming from "a representative of the organization." Basically, the higher-ups said IF it is clear you work here THEN you need to keep your social media profile to a minimum, or a non-work-related professional. It's standard stuff. Hell, I used to wonder out loud (aloud?) on the old board how Denny could identify himself as an employee of the Bengals and say such outlandish things, even if it was the company kool aid.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Local News anchor fired for Facebook Comments - Nately120 - 04-02-2016, 06:21 PM