Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Profession by Political Affiliation
(04-03-2016, 11:27 AM)fredtoast Wrote: First of all I don't want to seem like I am attacking this entire study.  Overall it is very informative.  But I do see a few interesting results.

For example it shows that taxi drivers are a lot more liberal than truck drivers.  I think this has more to do with the fact that all taxi drivers are from big cities, and large cities in general are more liberal than rural areas.

Very interesting to note that under "Religion" it lists 64% democrat.  That just doesn't seem right from my personal experience.  Anyone have a theory on that result?

This study also shows that "engineering" is dominated by Democrats when most other studies I have seen show that engineers are more likely to be conservatives.

A lot of Catholics are Democrats, and it's the biggest church in the country so that may be some of the reason.  Also black people are very religious, and they are 90% Democrat.  Latinos are very religious and they are majority Democrat.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Profession by Political Affiliation - michaelsean - 04-04-2016, 09:17 AM