Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Women Embarrass Anti-Abortion Governor Mike Pence In A Hilarious Way
(04-08-2016, 01:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: https://iga.in.gov/legislative/2016/bills/house/1337#

I went with the State's Government webpage. Seems legit; here's the bill, without the OMG:

I see nothing that states a woman cannot have an abortion if her health is in question. As usual there may have been just a touch of embellishment. Like that law in NC that repealed every LBGT anti-discrimination bill ever.

Maybe because that wasn't brought up in the OP?

Quote:The backlash against the bill — which bans abortions sought because of fetal abnormalities, including those that can lead to later miscarriages

Which it does do, just not in those words because...politics.

Quote:Prohibits a person from performing an abortion if the person knows that the pregnant woman is seeking the abortion solely because of: (1) the race, color, national origin, ancestry, or sex of the fetus; or (2) a diagnosis or potential diagnosis of the fetus having Down syndrome or any other disability. Provides for disciplinary sanctions and civil liability for wrongful death if a person knowingly or intentionally performs a sex selective abortion or an abortion conducted because of a diagnosis or potential diagnosis of Down syndrome or any other disability.

Of course how much trauma could a woman REALLY go through when she is forced to carry a child that will likely miscarry?  I mean come on!  Jebus might save them both!  

And if she HAS to go through the procedure of giving birth to a dead baby, well...that's the price you pay when you get pregnant in a GOP controlled state.  After all the small government types know what is best for the vagina!

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Women Embarrass Anti-Abortion Governor Mike Pence In A Hilarious Way - GMDino - 04-08-2016, 02:24 PM