Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
End of fracking.....economic impact to United States
(04-11-2016, 08:26 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I can't help but think that your statement is total BS.  The water can be cleaned and purified, and thus put back into the ecosystem.  I really wish Stewey, from the old board, were around.  He could set the record straight on this topic.

The short answer is, there isn't a short answer. Every well is different.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/water-use-rises-as-fracking-expands/

Quote:The amount of water used for fracking in each well varies widely by region. In southern Illinois, an operation can use as little as 2,600 gallons of water each time fracking triggers the flow of oil or gas into a well. In West Texas’ Permian Basin surrounding Midland and Odessa, fracking uses between 264,000 and 2.6 million gallons of water each time. In Pennsylvania, Ohio, south and eastern Texas, Arkansas, northern Colorado and Montana, fracking can use more than 9 million gallons of water.

I've never read anything that puts a specific X-Y amount of barrels of water to barrel of oil (not saying it's not out there, just that I haven't seen it).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: End of fracking.....economic impact to United States - Benton - 04-11-2016, 08:35 PM