Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rams to be the first truly global team in the nfl?
(04-09-2016, 12:25 AM)J24 Wrote: I think the patriots are pretty well known around world... Anyways football won't be an international game until international players start playing the game at a high rate. I think its a mistake for the NFL to think that if they put a team in another country that it will automatically raise the sports profile.

I think that's a big part of it. It's like with soccer. Part of why the U.S. isn't as soccer crazy as the rest of the world is because we aren't as good as the rest of the world. We don't have a lot of U.S. athletes that are known for it. On the flip side, not a lot of other countries have as much to get excited about when we introduce U.S. football because they don't have anything to get behind — they don't have college teams and youth leagues competing in it like we do here, players from their towns or schools, etc.

It's just like building a college or high school team. If the NFL wants international appeal, they need to start building it at the youth level.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rams to be the first truly global team in the nfl? - Benton - 04-14-2016, 07:17 PM