Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Did Bengals get schedule break over Pitt?
Each year 2 of the 16 games on our schedule are based on where we finished the year before.  This year those two games are against the defending champions of the AFC West (Broncos) and AFC South (Texans).  The Steelers have to play the 2nd place teams from those same divisions (Chiefs and the Colts).  I think there is a chance the Steeler's opponents could be better than ours.

I was really hoping we would get the Texans early in the season before Oswieller had a lot of game experience with his new teammates.  Instead we don't get them until week 16, prime time on Christmas Eve.  I don't think Oswieller will be a great QB, but he could have one of the best defenses in the league.  If he "manages the game" he could win a lot of games there.  But if Luck is healthy there is a good chance the Colts will be more dangerous than the Texans.

Denver has lost a lot of talent (LT Ryan Harris, DE Malik Jackson, OG Evan Mathis, LB Danny Trevathan) in addition to their 2 starting QBs.  There is a good chance they could end up with a losing record this year.  Meanwhile the chiefs have lost no one from a team that was 11-5 last year and they have added a starting RT (Mitchell Schwartz).  In my opinion, if Jamaal Charles could stay healthy the Chiefs will be one of the best teams in the league.  They have a lot of talent and Andy Reid is an incredible coach.

So, everything else being equal I think the Bengals may have an easier schedule than the Steelers.  Colts and Texans is a toss up, but I think the Chiefs will be a lot better than the Broncos.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Did Bengals get schedule break over Pitt? - fredtoast - 04-15-2016, 02:03 PM