Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hillary's Wall St speeches could spell the end if released
(04-15-2016, 10:00 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/seth-abramson/release-of-clintons-wall-street-speeches_b_9698632.html

Calls to mind Romney's "47%" comment. Now, why anyone would have voted for him to begin with is beyond me, but that one remark really seemed to be what sunk him.

Hillary, on the other hand, is an accomplished politician and quite intelligent. She reminds me a lot of Bill Clinton (or Pete Rose if you want a sports figure comparison) - someone who may be a horrible person in many ways but is in fact very good at what she/he does for a living.

Still, I am willing to wager there are more than a few comments in her speeches quite similar to Mitt's 47 percent line that, while big hits with the Wall Street folks who bankrolled Romney and Clinton, would not play well in Peoria or even much of Manhattan. Not everyone who works there is a hedge fund manager or a stock broker.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hillary's Wall St speeches could spell the end if released - xxlt - 04-16-2016, 11:59 AM