Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confederate Flag Misunderstood?
(06-24-2015, 01:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I know exactly how it works. That is why I mentioned the KY monuments. If you think there is not outside influence on SC to take down the flag (to include at the highest level); then we just disagree.

BTW, you never said what you thought should be done with the KY monuments or other State Flags.

There is definitely outside influence, no doubt about it, but we do see a lot of it being homegrown.

I think the important thing to take note of is that the influence driving these changes from within the states are coming from the residents, but not native residents. The country has changed a lot and many people have moved all around. Combine that with the national attention being paid to these issues giving them a larger voice the change is happening more so. The demographics of these states are changing. Leadership roles are no longer in the hands of native sons and daughters. Time, they are a changin', and honestly, it is for the better.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Confederate Flag Misunderstood? - Belsnickel - 06-24-2015, 01:56 PM