Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BENGALS are on The Clock (The Choices)
I am very conflicted about our first pick this year.

On the one hand, we could really use an impact DT or perhaps DE to solidify one of the major strengths on this team. Players that come to mind are Andrew Billings and Jarran Reed.

On the other hand, there are so many good defensive tackles in this draft class, it seems a waste to use our first round pick on one when we could likely get one almost as good in the second round, such as Vernon Butler, Kenny Clark or Chris Jones. We could even wait until the third round and still get a high impact player such as Javon Hargrave or Adolphus Washington.

With WR, if we have a shot at Corey Coleman, Laquon Treadwell or Josh Doctson in the first round, they are all steals, in my opinion. Each has the potential to be a solid #1 or an outstanding #2 receiver in our system.

However, the talent at WR dramatically drops after the first or maybe early second round. Michael Thomas is being billed as the next up in the second round, but he is not as athletically gifted as the top 3 and could easily fall into the category of the Limas Sweed, Dwayne Jarrett, James Hardy archetype of big, strong receivers that are incapable of separating due to lack of athleticism and speed.

Sterling Shepherd and Will Fuller are intriguing prospects who could fit in the slot, but I am not sure either could ever develop into anything more than a WR3. Boyd is just an average prospect being heightened by an average draft class and Braxton Miller is 100% potential. And we have been bitten by that in other positions very recently.

It obviously all depends on who is there for each of our picks, but I’d much rather have a Josh Doctson/Kenny Clark draft than an Andrew Billings/Tyler Boyd draft.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: BENGALS are on The Clock (The Choices) - CJD - 04-18-2016, 11:54 AM