Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All games matter...don't they?
(04-21-2016, 03:16 PM)Benton Wrote: Agreed, and that was a dumb comment by Dukes. Eli is along for the ride in every regular season game. He's a good QB, but I don't think there are a lot of seasons where you point to Eli and say, "Man, if it wasn't for him, the Giants would've stunk." Ben's had a few of those years. And he's the difference in a lot of games.

On the OP, it depends. If you're ATL or the Colts or (for a lot of years) the Pats, you're divisions are so weak, games in November really don't mean anything. If you're getting five wins off divisional opponents, you're getting to the playoffs, even if you've only got an 8-8 record. Dallas is hit and miss, the Eagles have had some rebuilding years and Washington has been Washington, they've had two good seasons since Snyder bought the team. So, yeah, for New York, November doesn't matter. At worse, you go 3-3 with your division and you're still in the running for a division championship.

For divisions that don't stink, every week matters.

Eli has been pretty overrated through the years and he's had some pretty awful seasons, but I can't agree with the bolded statement. The last time the Giants won the SB, the Giants made the playoffs with a 9-7 record and you could easily argue that Eli was their MVP with 4933 yards and 29 TDs. He's had some really great years in addition to the bad ones.

Honestly I'd give Ben the slight edge, but if you swapped Ben for Eli at the beginning of their careers, I think the Steelers have just as many titles. Ben has never carried the Steelers anywhere since that defense fell off. He's put up some solid stats, but they've "won" 1 playoff game from 2011-present and that one had to be gift wrapped. Imo, Ben is still living off his SB reputation just as much as Eli.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: All games matter...don't they? - Shake n Blake - 04-21-2016, 04:20 PM