Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All games matter...don't they?
(04-21-2016, 04:20 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Eli has been pretty overrated through the years and he's had some pretty awful seasons, but I can't agree with the bolded statement. The last time the Giants won the SB, the Giants made the playoffs with a 9-7 record and you could easily argue that Eli was their MVP with 4933 yards and 29 TDs. He's had some really great years in addition to the bad ones.

Honestly I'd give Ben the slight edge, but if you swapped Ben for Eli at the beginning of their careers, I think the Steelers have just as many titles. Ben has never carried the Steelers anywhere since that defense fell off. He's put up some solid stats, but they've "won" 1 playoff game from 2011-present and that one had to be gift wrapped. Imo, Ben is still living off his SB reputation just as much as Eli.

I dunno, I just can't buy into him as an elite QB. It's the Rex Grossman effect: the guy puts up a 120 QBR, 5 TDs/0 INTs one week, has a 30 QBR, 0 TD/5 INTs the next against competition that's not much difference than he just faced. Those aren't specific numbers, it's just that unexpected swing. To me, Eli is only as good as his line and receivers and how well the team is firing.

Ben isn't the kind of guy to have a type of game where Eli's on, but I don't think his bad games are nearly as bad. When the rest of the team is sucking, I don't think Ben is always sucking along with them. He's got off games, buthis good games are as dependent on the team.

When I'm watching a game and the Giants are clicking, I'm not thinking about Eli, I'm thinking about their receivers and (in the past) their defense.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: All games matter...don't they? - Benton - 04-21-2016, 06:41 PM