Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confederate Flag Misunderstood?
(06-24-2015, 02:16 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: If it was treason and the flags of the CSA are symbols of treason, than so are the flags of the United States. A more successful treason and one that we like, but treason none the less.

One man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist. I understand your point and respect your opinion. However, I view the "catalyst" for the American Revolution as justifiable. Whereas I don't view the "catalyst" for the Civil War as justifiable.  I will use deadly force as an analogy; deadly force is only justifiable under certain conditions. I've never been particularly interested in history, but I'm not buying into the northern aggression revisionism. Seems like the typical political BS you would expect from the politicians of the day. I can imagine an 1860s Lindsey Graham giving a speech explaining secession is about States' rights and has nothing to do with slavery. I don't believe the States' rights argument any more than I do the Iraqi WMDs argument.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Confederate Flag Misunderstood? - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 06-24-2015, 05:18 PM