Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Since Jeremy Hill came into the league. . .
(04-23-2016, 03:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I do think that Hill had a bad year last year but not as bad as some say.

The only reason it was a bad year was cause of how frickin good he was as a rookie.

Hill started to look like is rookie self late in the season when we gave him more carries but the dude fumbled the ball away.

You just can't fumble the ****** ball.

Until Hill can hold onto the ball and beat out Gio he should not start. Gio was the better back last year in all phases.

Need to re-sign Giovani Bernard.

No matter what your rookie year was, 3.6 yards per carry is always bad.

More cow mutilations were blamed on Eddie Lacy's stomach last year than all of the UFOs in history combined... and he still had a 4.1 YPC.

Did it look even worse because he had a good rookie season? Yes. Was it still a truly bad year regardless of that? Most certainly.

He still had bad games when he got the ball more. (The lack of getting the ball is often due to his ineffectiveness, you generally can't sustain offensive drives long enough to give a guy a ton of carries if he's getting 2 yards per carry.)  He had 4 games of at least 19 carries, which would get you 304 carries over 16 games, 300 generally being the "heavy workload" territory.

In those 4 games, he averaged 3.23 YPC. Noticeably worse than his season average of 3.56 YPC.

- - - - - - - -

I will agree with you that Gio was the better back last year in all phases, though.

It still baffles me that in the three games against Pittsburgh in 2015, he only had 13 carries and 7 catches despite taking those 13 carries for 80 yards (6.15 YPC) and those 7 catches for 51 yards (7.29 AVG), while remembering that one of those catches was for 1 yard and a Shazier crown of the helmet to the face. (8.33 AVG without that)... yet they just refused to use the guy.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Since Jeremy Hill came into the league. . . - TheLeonardLeap - 04-23-2016, 04:25 PM