Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I dont want a WR in the first round
I DO want a receiver in the first round. I understand there are other positions that would be nice too and we are always looking for the BPA steal but as a fan I want a receiver.

I actually want two receivers. I want the burner, game breaker, fastest guy on the field receiver and returner that we have wanted for years guy. I want him now.

I also want the 95% of the snaps, can do everything, 10 year, AJ and Andy's best friend, the guy who's name will be mentioned with theirs a la Peyton, Marvin and Reggie or Kurt, Isaac and Tory guy and I want him now too.

I'd love to find one guy who can be both. I think Coleman or Fuller are closer to guy #1 and Doctson and Treadwell are closer to guy #2. I almost view it as two different positions of need, two spots to draft.

Now granted, the combo of Lafell, Wright, Alford, Burkhead and Tate can partially fill those roles but as a fan I'd like to see a high pick added to that mix with the hopes of being one of the guys listed above.

I don't see any other position that has a need such as that. Interior linemen are never sexy picks do as a fan I want the playmaker. Boding is young enough that he may be given another chance, especially after being thrown in as a starter as a rookie. The Peko, Sims, Thompson, Hardiston combo next to Geno is quite a few less snaps than we get from the receivers next to AJ. While we could use an anchor at either position I want the receiver.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I dont want a WR in the first round - Nizoj - 04-27-2016, 09:43 PM