Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confederate Flag Misunderstood?
(06-24-2015, 03:08 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: . Originally, the Civil War was never started over slavery, it was started because of many issues, states rights being one of those issues, but slavery was one reason way down the list.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/dukes-hazzard-star-ben-jones-defends-confederate-flag-article-1.2269598
First you stated this.
(06-24-2015, 03:53 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Wow you fail at history.   You're one of those that refer to it as "The War of Northern Aggression" aren't you.
So I then stated this.  Note I was only commenting on the bolded part  (Which is why bolded it in the first place), and made no comment on the confederate flag.
(06-24-2015, 05:13 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Soooooo, you're saying we have a moral obligation to eradicate the flag from history?

what are you saying?

So you'll have to excuse me as to how you came to this conclusion?  But since we're here, no it shouldn't be eradicated history.  But, also, it should not be flown from government buildings.

Back to my original point though.  You should brush up on the "how's" and "why's" the Civil war started. You're partially correct on states rights, But very far off on the slavery issue.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Confederate Flag Misunderstood? - RICHMONDBENGAL_07 - 06-25-2015, 01:24 AM