Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I dont want a WR in the first round
(04-28-2016, 03:08 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Brandon LaFells contract after his rookie deal. 3 years 9 million.
Marvin Jones contract after his rookie deal. 5 years 40 million.

I thought I would get busted saying he was the #1. Should have said he was a HoFers primary outside receiver and deep threat.

The Patriots cut him to save 2.6 million but have 1 million in dead money because of him.

Even if he is good he is still a one year rental. If we fail to get an early round receiver. And draft later guys. And miss because there are more misses than hits in later rounds. And we end up with a Dez Briscoe or Cobi Hamilton type. We will be in the same boat again next year.

Our 2014 playoff game WR situation just scares me. And right now our WR depth is way worse going into the year than what we were in 2014.

Contract size (especially when they're years apart) doesn't mean who's better. Lafell has been more productive and more durable than Marvin Jones.

The WR class isn't as bad as everyone acts like it is this year too. It does drop off big time after about the 7th or 8th ranked reciever, but we can still get someone good this year in the 2nd or early next year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I dont want a WR in the first round - Brownshoe - 04-28-2016, 03:20 PM