Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I dont want a WR in the first round
Well, of the 4 LBs Bengals said they liked, 2 were picked ahead of us and 1 is injured and 1 may be career ending knee injured. ........So that left the 4 WRs Bengals said they liked, and 1 was picked ahead of us.  They must not have liked the other 3 in Round 1 because they took a CB.......Really, I think it killed Bengals that Coleman, Fuller, Treadwell were off the board, and that there was a 3 team run on WR's right before our pick.  A lot of WR's on the board and bang, bang, bang, they were gone.
........With that run on WR's, Bengals did only thing they could do, Best Available Athlete.

That brings us to Round 2.....Bengals say that Michael Thomas, Tyler Boyd or Jordan Payton could fit into their system and contribute in their rookie year....We will see if we get 1 of the 3 in round 2.

No, draft didn't fall our way.  First time in draft history that 3 WR's taken in a row like that, said announcers....and it was the 3 picks right in front of ours.....then announcers said that left round 1 WR picks eliminated....Draft didn't fall our way, so the CB is a good pick....better luck in round 2, hopefully.....If Bengals really do like Thomas or Boyd, they may have to trade up to get them. We pick pretty late in these rounds. ....Bengals say they like Payton, but he is rated as a 4th round pick. ....If we get the top CB in round 1 and can add Michael Thomas in round 2 as a WR, that isn't bad. We pick so late it's almost like a round 3, so maybe taking Payton if the others a gone not that bad either.  I'm hoping for Michael Thomas because at 6'3" and Bengals saying he is high on their list, he could be a tall WR as Henry was. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I dont want a WR in the first round - kevin - 04-29-2016, 01:31 AM